This most likely will be a long post...
As I mentioned in my last post, I baked for my first wedding. Our friends, Sean and Annette got married on Saturday and Annette asked me to make the wedding cake and cupcakes. I was very nervous and intimidated not only by the fact it was my largest order to date and not only because it was a wedding (more pressure!), but because it was our friends' wedding! I wanted to make sure I did a good job and everything was perfect for the bride. I even made the cupcake stand!. I spent the last week thinking about this wedding, preparing, thinking, baking, thinking, perfecting, etc. I went from working a full time job every day to coming home and getting right into wedding mode...then hobbling my sore pregnant body to bed to pass out from exhaustion every night. I woke up several times during the night thinking about things. Not the best week for sleep!
Thankfully I took a half day off work on Friday as Dave was in the wedding so we had the rehearsal that evening that I wanted to make sure the majority of all the work was done beforehand. Plus, I knew it definitely would not be an early night. And I was right. We didn't leave the rehearsel until 11:00pm, once we got home there was a bit of commotion including a pregnant lady chasing after her dog who was chasing after a rabbit trapped in our yard, then her husband came to chase after the dog. Once he got the one dog the other dog started chasing after the poor rabbit, frightened for it's life who kept getting stuck in the fence. Finally husband got gloves and caught said rabbit, and got it out of the yard to realized there was blood all over the gloves. Thankfully those two little devil dogs did not have any blood on them or in their mouths and the blood came from the fence hurting the rabbit. Did I mention this was at 11:30pm in the pitch black and pregnant lady was completely exhausted!
Anyways, back to the wedding.
I made 150+ cupcakes, white vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream tinted peacock blue/green and chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream. And a small white vanilla round cake topper with vanilla buttercream covered in marshmallow fondant with hand painted peacock feathers, adorned with matching ribbon and charm. Saturday morning I packed up the car and woke Dave up to help me deliver the goods. After setting everything up we grabbed breakfast so I could make sure to get some food in him before the long day he would have and all the drinking he would guaranteed to be doing! He got ready, I dropped him off at the church, went home to get myself ready, then back to the church for the wedding and later the reception. It was of course another late night, ending with a midnight meal at Village Inn with friends (I think this definitely saved Dave from a much worse hangover than he had!)
I woke up Sunday morning feeling hungover and like I got hit by a bus!!! I think the entire week caught up with me and I could not for the life of me get out of bed. Every single muscle in my body hurt. We made it a family day in bed watching TV, cuddling with the puppies and napping. I <3 those days!!
Onto week twenty-three.....
Why Hello Bump, My You've Gotten Big!
How Far Along: 23 weeks (and 1 day)
How Big is Baby: Baby's now the size of a pomegranate! Baby's little face is fully formed...minus the baby fat, of course. The next task at hand for baby: sprouting two teeny-tiny nipples!
Maternity Clothes: Ohh yeah! Wearing all maternity pants and rotating between maternity and non-maternity shirts.
Gender: BOY!
Movement: Daily. All day Sunday MJ was one active little man! I felt him from morning till night and even watched my belly move from the outside from his strong little kicks. Dave saw it too!!
Sleep: Ummmm, kinda
Belly button in or out? In but it's getting more shallow.
What I miss: Nothing! Although I would LOVE an caramel iced coffee from McD's
Food Cravings: Back to cheeseburgers this week
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Leg cramps. Nasal congestion. Sciatic nerve pain. Upper and lower back pain, side pain, and rib pain on my right hand side. I went to my Chiro Thursday and she told me my entire right side of my body is swollen. Apparently one of my uterine ligaments is very tight which is keeping the baby held over on my right hand side (hence why I only feel him move on my right side!) meaning I am carrying all my extra weight on my right side making it swollen. She recommend to use a heating pad twice a day on my stomach to help loosen the muscle and get prenatal massages (umm, okay!).
Best Moment(s) this week: Picked up the crib.
Milestones: Next week Viability!
What I'm looking forward to: Registering and starting on the nursery!

1 comment:
I wondered if that was your creation in her photos! Congrats, you're getting big time.
Post a Comment