Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Viability Baby!!


How Far Along: Hello 24 weeks!! We've reached a huge milestone, Viability! MJ has now has a chance of surviving outside the uterus if (God forbid) something may happen.
  Most babies at 22 weeks are not resuscitated because survival without major disability is so rare. A baby's chances for survival increases 3-4% per day between 23 and 24 weeks of gestation and about 2-3% per day between 24 and 26 weeks of gestation. After 26 weeks the rate of survival increases at a much slower rate because survival is high already.

How Big is Baby? Baby's now the size of a grapefruit!  Baby's skin is becoming more opaque as the fat starts to pack on. And, thanks to the formation of small capillaries, her newly thick skin is taking on a fresh pink glow. Maternity Clothes: All maternity pants and rotating between maternity and non-maternity shirts.

Gender: BOY!
Movement: Daily and I love every single minute of it! He's kicking a lot more at all hours of the day and night.
Sleep: It seems waking up at 2:00am is becoming a lasting theme....the majority of nights I wake up right at or around 2...this might be MJ training me as we was one active boy last night at this time!
Belly button in or out? In but it's getting more shallow.
What I miss: Nothing!
Food Cravings: Cheeseburgers :)
Aversions: Not currently....
Symptoms: Sciatic nerve pain. Still getting up to pee at least once every night. Lots of pressure in my abdomen, a really annoying pain in my upper back right under my shoulder blade that curls around right under the top rib cage and even travels down my arm if I sit too long.
Best Moment(s) this week: Painting the nursery and putting the crib together
Milestones: Viability. Had my 24 week appt yesterday and tool the Glucose test, waiting for results today....no news is good news so I guess lets hope they don't call because I really don't want to go in for that 3 hour test.
What I'm looking forward to: Adding to the registry

2 comments:

Jesica said...

Congrats on viability! I'm right behind you, 24 weeks tomorrow!!!

Corinne said...

YAY! what a happy milestone to reach. Only 16 more weeks to go.