Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

This year was our first year for trick-or-treater's at our house and we had no idea what to expect as we live on a busy street but in "the country". There's not a ton of kids around our neighborhood that I know of. One of our neighbors have a ton of grandchildren that are over all the time, so I thought maybe they would be over, however they were not. We ended up having four, yes FOUR kids and they actually were one group of 4 boys. So after waiting 2 hours we decided to go out to eat instead.

Maddux and Waveland did dress up for Halloween this year. Instead of buying new costumes I just recycled last years costumes and just switched them, Waveland was the Pumpkin this year and Maddux went as the Ladybug. They loved it! Okay not really, they hate their costumes but I made them wear them ALL day anyways and they finally got use to them by the evening. I'm a mean mommy aren't I ?? Ha ha

Our friends, Megan and Aaron hosted their 2nd Annual Halloween Party this year, so we went to that last night. I went at Mrs. Freddy Kruger and Dave went at Jason, ironic as I don't like horror movies! It was lots of fun. I have to say the prize went to Greg and Anna for buying child costumes!! They were hilarious. Greg was the penguin which came with webbed feet and we ended up having to cut the sleeves and neckline because they were cutting off his circulation since it was so tight. Anna was a banana. For some reason she has never gone as a banana ever, and cannot believe she had never thought of it because since obviously her nickname is Anna Banana.

Pumpkin Princess and the Lovebug
Kruger vs. Jason Anna Banana and Happy Feet
Gangster or 70's pimp and Flapper
Swine Flu!!
A trucker (??) and a Cave woman
The Girls

No comments: