Saturday, March 27, 2010

Test 3 Results In

Last Monday I had to go in for a blood test to see what my pregnancy hormones levels were at. Apparently my veins decided they wanted to play hide and seek because it took 3 tries until they finally hit a vein and go blood! My levels came back and were only at 153. I had to go back in for my second test within 48 hours of my first one, which as you can see by the picture they blew out my vein on the first try! It's hot huh?! Next they tried through the top of my hand and were able to find a vein on the second try but it did leave a small bruise as well just nothing like that bad boy over there! My levels didn't drop that much, they went down to 149.
So I got to go back in this week for round 3. This time I went down to the lab in the hospital I work at hoping that even though they are outsourced to the same company I went to for my first two tests, they would do a better job since they are in fact in the hospital. Fortunately I was right! They got it on the first try, thankfully! We just got those results back yesterday and my level are now down to a 6, which means they are negative. This is good news to me, well I should say more like bittersweet news, because it means that everything happened naturally and it is now a complete miscarriage. I'm thankful my body was able to go through the process naturally and I didn't need any medication to help things along or go through any procedures like a D/C. I have my follow-up appointment next week so we will be able to find out more then. We are on our road to recovery!

No comments: