Today the local Botanical Center held their 4th Annual Chocolate Festival. Me, having a HUGE sweet tooth and loving chocolate just had to go. I didn't even know it existed before I saw advertisements on TV. So I got Dave to indulge me and go with. I was a little disappointed because the space was a little small and the place was packed. Although, there were tons of free samples to make up for it!! Luckily for us, we went early and arrived an hour after it started because once we got to the banquet hall with all the vendors with the samples, I overheard someway saying how they were already running out of things! There were a variety of bakeries and stores selling products from the usual chocolates to chocolate candles and bath soaps, chocolate scents, make-up, chocolate brown clothing, beauty tips, and even massages. The highlight of course was all the free samples. Here are the things we tried...
- Chocolate ice cream from Whitey's with hot chocolate sauce from Lagomarcino's
- Cake from Sweet Perfections, flavors included: White Chocolate, Kahlua, Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Chocolate
- Chocolate Toffee from Chocolate Manor
- Chocolate Toffee, a Sweet & Salty, and some really delicious spice drink mix from Flaherty's Happy Tyme
- The All American Chocolate Fountain had, what else, a Chocolate fountain with eclair pastries, pretzels, and wafers to dip into the chocolate
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut coffee from the Coffee Hound, also really good!
- Another chocolate fountain, along with Triple Chocolate Crepes, (which were awesome and I got the recipe!) from the U of I Extension
There was even more that we couldn't even try! Hot Chocolate Cocoa, chocolate martini's (to purchase), cookies, and more cake. My sweet tooth has been satisfied for a while and then some! Everything was so good but I am definitely all chocolated out!! Although I would not object to trying out another Chocolate Festival :)
No comments:
Post a Comment