Friday, January 22, 2010

The Jean's Test

I am on my way to meeting my goal of losing 10 lbs! Everyone knows there are a few ways to tell if you are losing weight. The main one is by stepping on one of those dreaded scales! Now, I am trying to pay attention to my weight and so I try to weight myself once a week. Every Sunday mornings at about the same time every morning I try to weight myself. However, I hate stepping on the scale and had forgotten to do it this last week. Plus, just because the scale doesn't move all that much doesn't mean your not getting any leaner, scales don't always let you know you are getting more fit.

Another way to tell your losing weight is by measuring certain areas of your body with soft measuring tape. I unfortunately don't have one yet but have been meaning to get one. I like this idea because it shows you where you are losing those inches!! My most favorite way of telling you're losing weight is the Jean's Fit Test! Everyone has a pair of jeans they have "grew" out of, is how I like to put it. A pair of jeans that at one point you fit very comfortably in and then slowly started creeping tighter and tighter until when you sit down in them all of a sudden you have a roll hanging over and feel like you need to unbutton them and you say to yourself "Where the hell did that come from!" By the way, this is before you have even eaten! So when you do eat you feel like your going to burst out of your pants right there at the dinner table!

Anyways, so just the other day I was getting ready. I grabbed my jeans, slid them on and realized they fit perfectly! I mean no roll hanging over, no button about to burst, no uncomfortable feeling. So what did I do, but ran to the bathroom scale! I jumped on and low and behold 5 lbs lighter!! HELL YEAH, we're halfway to goal #55 of 101! Now, I know it's only 5 lbs and I really can't see any difference in my appearance when I look in the mirror yet, but it made me feel great! It shows that all this working out is actually doing something for me and if I keep it up, instead of falling off the wagon like I usually do, I'll be meeting my goal in no time! Yeah for me!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

haha, this makes me laugh! However oh so very true. COngrats on getting loser to your goal.